8 - Map Design
When it comes to design, one of the most important things to do is to remove elements that you don't need. For today's COVID-19 cases map, the county border line is the element that we can tone down a bit. Also, when making a map layout, be sure to include the map elements as needed.
Change line width of a map
- covid_cases -> Properties -> Symbology
- Symbol Setting -> Simple fill
- Stroke color: #c0c0c0, Opacity 30%
- Stroke width: Hairline
Map LayoutLet's make your map distributable!
- New Print Layout -> Create Print Layout
- Total Covid-19 Cases in the United States
- Font - Arial 18
- Uncheck Auto Update
- Remove everything, but covid_county_cases
- Format Legend
- Uncheck background
- If you want to add a scale bar, change the projection to EPSG: 3857