American Statistical Association NYC Metro Area Chapter - GIS Special Workshop
Welcome to Mapping COVID-19 in QGIS - Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Special Workshop brought to you by the American Statistical Associations NYC Metro Area Chapter! I’m thrilled to have you all and greatly appreciate your interest in GIS! This workshop is a GIS lecture followed by live demo/ open lab. No prior knowledge or experience in GIS is expected.
After this lecture, participants will be able to:
- Produce a simple map using COVID-19 data
- Describe basic GIS principles and capabilities
- Learn basic QGIS operations
QGIS is free and open source Geographic Information Systems (GIS) software.
- Compatible with both Mac and Windows (No bootcamp/ virtual machine needed!)
- To download: https://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/download.html